Friday, April 14, 2017

Cottage pie

One of our regular favorites:

Boil some potatoes until soft enough to mash. Mash them with a knob of butter, an egg, and add enough cream to produce a soft consistency.

Meanwhile, fry a chopped onion and ground meat - either beef, turkey, or lamb. Once the meat is cooked, add a can of baked beans, a couple of finely-diced carrots, and optionally a spoonful of beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, and either brown sauce or tomato ketchup for flavor and body.

Decant the meat sauce into a casserole dish, spread the mashed potatoes over the top, sprinkle with grated cheese and pop under the grill until the cheese is melted and browned.

2 comments:

  1. I've only just noticed that you started this new Blog! I don't cook (apparently I "make too much mess in the kitchen") but I often see recipes that I pass along to my wife. This Blog is more in my line because, although I like your writing Blog which I often read, I can't find much to say! I will become a follower.
    CLICK HERE for Bazza’s unimaginable Blog ‘To Discover Ice’

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bazza, and welcome. I hope you find something of use on this blog.

    ReplyDelete